Road numbers 66523 and 66985.
With the expanding economy and industry after WWI, the desire for larger coal haulers than the typical 50-ton hoppers became necessary. Coal-fired electric plants became omnipresent as the American topography was changing from a rural agronomy to an urban megalopolis. Improvements in railcar technology for springs, trucks, and couplings led to a 70-ton, 3-bay hopper car. A rib-side version was initially produced with a varied number of panels common to any given rail line. By the mid-1930s, an offset-side "sister" was developed. The Minneapolis and St. Louis Railway was an important regional railroad line, running freight and passengers for 90 years, from 1870 to 1960. Serving lightly populated settlements of America's Midwest, the M&StL was protected from bankruptcy by the government until WWII. One of its mainlines ran from Minneapolis, MN southward through Iowa to Peoria, IL, while another ran westward into eastern South Dakota. In 1960, the M&StL was acquired by the Chicago and Northwestern Railway which, later in 1995, was purchased by the Union Pacific Railroad.
Each car features custom coal loads from Hay Brothers Garage
New releases are equipped with Full Throttle's own trucks, metal wheels, and knuckle couplers