Please read the following list for the requirements to join the ModelTrainStuff.com dealer program:
- Sales tax ID, Federal tax identification number and retail sales license. (email or fax copy).
- Valid email address. (this will be our primary method of communication)
- Active Credit Card for use on the website. (we accept all four major credit cards)
- Business currently located in the United States. (no international dealerships can be accepted at this time)
- You must purchase at least $5,000 worth of products each year to maintain your dealer status.
- We require a minimum first order of $1,000 upon acceptance into the program. (subsequent orders do not have this restriction)
- Prospective dealers must fulfill ONE of the following requirements:
- A brick & mortar retail location. (send one photo of interior and exterior of store)
- A current Yellow Pages advertisement. (send copy of ad)
- A current advertisement from a major model railroading or hobby magazine. (send copy of ad)
- A PCI-DSS compliant, cart-based website. (auction sites and third-party marketplaces i.e. eBay and Amazon are not allowed)
- A dealer MUST meet all Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) requirements from manufacturers. If a manufacturer requires MAP pricing, you may only advertise the MAP price and can only sell the product for a lower price upon customer request. Online stores may also offer a secondary link that requires the customer to interact with the product page to receive a lower price. (i.e. "Add to Cart for our price") this is the electronic equivalent of asking for your price.
If you believe you fulfill the above requirements to become a dealer please complete the following steps:
- Email copies of the required information to: email@example.com
- Create an account on our website here.
This account will contain all of your current billing and shipping information. Upon approval of dealership status you will be emailed with additional program details. Please refrain from placing orders until you have been approved.
- We reserve the right to discontinue a dealer account if requirements are not maintained or valid complaints are received.
- Requirements and / or policies may be amended or edited at any time, without advance notice, at our sole discretion.
- Due to fraud and shipping logistic concerns we do not drop ship dealer orders to their clients.
- Dealer pricing includes all applicable discounts. Discount coupons from emails, newsletters, website banners, etc. are not applicable to dealer orders.
- Effective Immediately we are no longer allowed to sell Athearn, Roundhouse or McHenry products at wholesale prices.