Return & Exchange Policy
- 1) You have 30 days, from date of purchase, to return or exchange an item(s).
- 2) Returned items may be subject to a 15% restocking / service fee.
- 3) Order cancellation requests must be submitted, via e-mail or by phone, within 24 hours of the order being placed.
- 4) All book, magazine, VHS, DVD and Blu-ray sales are final.
- 5) Defective VHS, DVD & Blu-ray products must be returned to the manufacturer for replacement
- 6) Defective American Z Line products must be returned to the manufacturer for replacement.
- 7) Defective ScaleTrains products must be returned to the manufacturer for replacement.
- 8) Defective Digital Command Control (DCC) products must be returned to the manufacturer for replacement unless the product is unopened.
- 9) All ERC (Electric Railroad Company) Upgrade Kits and circuit boards and MTH Electronic Proto-Sound 2 Upgrade kits and Electrification Kits are not returnable once opened. Only manufacturer's warranties apply.
- 10) Any item(s) purchased more than 30 days past the original date of purchase must be returned to the manufacturer.
- 11) All returns and exchanges must receive the approval of a Customer Service Representative before they will be accepted. The representative will issue a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number to you that is connected to your modeltrainstuff.com order number. To obtain an RMA number, please call 1-888-872-4675 or create a ticket on our support site (support.modeltrainstuff.com)
M.B. Klein will offer you a refund based on your original method of payment. Alternatively, you may request a store credit which will automatically be applied to your next online order. M.B. Klein / modeltrainstuff.com reserves the right to deny any customer store credit at our sole discretion, as well as, issuing a store credit versus a credit card refund.
All products returned must have documentation attached explaining the reason for return / exchange. The returned item(s) must also include the original box and packing materials and have the RMA number written on the outside of the shipping box. All items being returned for exchange and / or refund MUST be returned in the same new condition which they were shipped to the customer including the manufacturers packaging and all included instructions, manuals, etc. Any item(s) that have been modified in any way, such as, but not limited to, changes in appearance, (weathering, decals, painting), additional, removed or replaced parts, will not be accepted and neither credits nor exchanges will be given. All items returned for credit or exchange will be verified by a Customer Service Representative before a credit, store credit or exchange is processed. Do not ship returns / exchanges in the manufacturer's box alone. Please ship all returns / exchanges in a shipping box / carton. Replacements, exchanges and/or credits will be shipped / processed once we receive the returned item(s). Any items returned that have not received an approved RMA number will not be accepted and will be returned to the sender.
- If any of the above procedures are not followed, the returned item(s) may be assessed a 15% restocking / service fee.
- 10) For any item(s) damaged during shipping, please notify Customer Service. They will provide further instructions. Please retain the damaged shipping box and all contents for the Claims Agent unless otherwise instructed by Customer Service.
Claims for damages will be handled by the Shipping Department Manager. Upon submission, processing and receiving the reimbursement for the claim, we will reimburse you for the damaged product(s).
- We repair the following O gauge model trains:
- Lionel and American Flyer
- All items that are out of warranty, depending upon parts availability. Shipping charges are extra, if required. We do no perform Lionel warranty repairs.
- - M.B. Klein continues to honor our in-house 30-Day warranty for refund or replacement, if available.
- - Contact Lionel by email for a RMA and shipping instructions. Talktous@Lionel.com
- For trains purchased from M.B. Klein we offer full warranty service.
- - Trains purchased elsewhere are covered under warranty for parts only. Original receipt required.
- - Out of warranty: All repairs, depending on parts availability. Shipping charges are extra if required.
United States Customers:
- Your return / exchange may qualify for M.B. Klein / modeltrainstuff.com to pay for return ground postage. This will be determined on a case by case basis. If your return / exchange does qualify, you will receive a return mailing label from UPS via e-mail with instructions. Please drop the package off at your nearest UPS location. Customers who have daily UPS pickup at their workplace can also give the package to their UPS driver. Accommodations will be made for customers that do not have email.
- International customers should use the most economical mail service available in their country. M.B. Klein / modeltrainstuff.com will not reimburse return shipping costs for customers who return items using express or next-day shipping options.